All parents are urged to full participate in the life of their children’s school. Saint Ann’s Academy follows the Archdiocesan policy which requires all volunteers to be finger printed through the Archdiocese and to have completes all components of the Virtus/ Child Protection program.
If you decide to participate in services that would involve contact with our school children, please be diligent in completing the entire Child Protection Process. No one will be allowed to serve until they completed the entire process.
- Register for a Virtus account at www.Virtus.org.
- Complete the paper volunteer application and submit it to the school office.
- Plan to attend a two-hour Child Protection Training workshop run by the Archdiocese of Washington. After attending this workshop you will need to return the Child Protection Policy acknowledgement form to the school office. You will schedule this workshop when you set up your online account.
- The final part of this four-part process is to have your fingerprints taken by the Archdiocese of Washington, which costs $38.25. To schedule a finger printing appointment please call (301) 853-5363. The following must be provided at the time of fingerprinting:
- Criminal Background Authorization Form
- Valid Photo ID